Are you brainstorming ideas right now, for developing your own app like Uber? Well, then it is extremely important for you to know how to rise above all your competitors to prove your mettle.
Taxi apps have the highest demand these days. Let’s consider a situation, whether there’s an emergency, or late night parties, or office hours, hopping a cab has become a cakewalk! Starting from searching for cabs to confirming your ride, these apps have made it so effortless and easy-going. Hat’s off to all the taxi app development companies that have put their best assay to come up with such amazing innovations.
To build a taxi booking application, you should be aware of the fact that you will be required to develop two different applications- one for the Rider and other for the driver.
We have listed some of the most important features that you necessarily need to inculcate in your application-
1. GPS tracking: Sometimes even a driver can be new to places and may not know routes hence a GPS will always come handy in such situations. Also, a perfect journey tracking will give a precise and accurate estimation. So, a GPS tracking feature is a must to have in your application. The live status of the cab should also be available.
2. In-built Payment options: Inbuilt payment options allows the user to go cashless and choose the preferable option according to their ease. Incorporating such payment options involves technical complexity that consumes long hours and resources which can lead to an increase in app’s total cost.
An option to split fare should also be there so that you can easily split the fare among your friends riding with you.
3. Notifications: When you are building a taxi app, in-app messaging and push notifications are must to have for proper communication between the drivers and riders.
4. Manual dispatch of drivers: This feature works in two ways-
i. User can manually call the driver and book a cab or
ii. If you see a cab mid-way and want a ride then in this case driver will ask for your phone number and he himself will book a ride for you.
5. OTP Confirmation: From personal experiences, I would say this to be one of the most important features. Many times it happens that when you book a cab, the driver will start the trip without picking you up and your digital wallet is linked to your taxi app. He will end the ride and the amount will be deducted from your wallet. To avoid such malicious practice OTP verification (i.e. ride will only start after you provide OTP to the driver) is a must to have for better customer satisfaction.
6. Miscellaneous: Below are some miscellaneous features to build an application similar to Uber:
- Vehicle selection
- Referrals rewards
- Fare Estimator
- Coupon codes
- History of trips